Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Familiar Semifinals

We are down to only 4 teams in the race for the 6th EFFL crown. Somehow yet again the King and Stanky Monkeys are both still alive. They could face each other in the final for the third straight season. Nobody wants that. Let’s see how each team got to where it is today.

Stanky Monkeys 144 – Animals With Eyepatches 77:

What an unfortunate turn of events for Jimish. This was the hottest team to start the season. A loss in the final week saw the Eyepatches lose the overall points lead and lose the tie for the best record. To make matters worse, this beatdown ensured the Eyepatches will leave this season with no money. I wouldn’t have believed that would happen just a couple weeks ago. The Monkeys are peaking at the right time. The Vick/McFadden/Wayne combo looks to be… dare I say it…. Nasty. Team is looking very tough at this point and this game was never really close. Stanky Monkeys have now won 7 out of their last 9 and have put up ridiculous points in 6 straight, with an average of 146 points. I think this is the most dangerous team remaining in the playoffs, and at this point have to label them the favorite. Lou has now reached the semifinals in 4 straight years, and honestly I’m tired of paying out this clown.

Dueling Pylons 105 – Tequila Party Gnomes 98:

Heading into the Sunday night the Pylons seemed to be in some trouble, and at about 10:30 PM it seemed the Pylons season was doomed. Then it happened. A quick out route to DeSean Jackson, a quick turn up field and missed tackle, and it was off to the races. Sprinting 91 yards to the house on what he described as a 60% ankle, the hopes and dreams of the Gnomes took a jarring hit. To make matters worse, the Pylons and Gnomes also squared off in another inferior league. I also had DeSean in that league. The true definition of a double nidge. In all my years of fantasy football, I have never witnessed a man so broken over a single play. I can say that with 100% confidence. The Gnomes had a chance to come back Monday night, but Arian Foster was enough to hold off the Gnomes. Over 2 leagues, Matt was 0-5 against me this year. If you’re still reading the blog and see this, I’m sorry. You’re a true competitor. The Pylons technically are the league’s hottest team winning 7 of 8, but this team needs to step it up in the final 2 weeks big time.

And the games to determine the 2 members that will head to the finals are...

#1 Maybe This Time (9-4) v. #5 Stanky Monkeys (8-5-1):

This marks the first time Lou and Sam have met after Week 12. And when these two teams met back in Week 10 Lou won the game by 102 points. Yes that’s the margin of victory. I’m sure Sam will not have forgotten that. Sam has not won a playoff game in 5 years. That’s also not a misprint either. A banged up Peterson could be a problem for Sam. Just looking at this matchup I really don’t think that Sam’s chances are that great. I could be wrong but Lou’s team just looks too strong at this point. Great trades and great waiver pickups have been the key to fix an awful draft. I’m not gonna lie I see the Monkeys in the finals for a third straight year.

#2 The King’s Crusaders (8-5) v. #3 Dueling Pylons (10-4):

The number of the seeds is obviously not representative of the team records in this matchup. These teams have been virtually identical all season and this is sure to be a very close battle. The Pylons entire roster will be playing at 1 PM so there will only be one chance to continue the season. Likewise with the other matchup, these teams have never met after Week 12 so this weekend should be interesting. The Pylons have also never won more than 10 games in a season and will be looking to reach the championship for the first time ever. If it’s King-Stanky for the third year in a row I don’t know what I’ll do. This league needs some accountability. I know picking myself dooms my chances, but I can’t pick a 3-peat finals. Let’s go Pylons.

Good luck to the 4 teams remaining in your quest for a championship.

No comments: